April 16, 2011

Samsung NF310 Notebook PC




As a first timer in notebooks, I find the NF310 to be just right for my needs. It has 2GB RAM, 300GB Hard Disk, Intel Atom N550 1.5Ghz Dual Core Hyperthreaded, 802.11n Wifi, Bluetooth, but no built-in CD/DVD drive which is alright. I also find this notebook to be a bit...heavy, at least for me.

The battery is advertised to last up to 8 hours. It is good enough for me, because I only use the notebook for light applications such as internet browsing and office and school works.

To further personalize by notebook, I created another partition and installed a Windows XP there (because Yamaha XG SoftSynth doesn’t work on Windows 7 and I hate Windows 7 starter). I left the Windows 7 setup on the other partition just in case. I installed Avast antivirus and other software I would like to use on this notebook (including Sony Vegas 9).

So far, I encountered no problems in this setup (except for a strange bug when I switch operating system).