April 5, 2013

I Dreamed a Dream VSQ Download

Download it here.

The VSQ contains the singing part only (does not include the talking part).

This VSQ syncs perfectly with KaraokeJoeful's instrumental available here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uhspvYoH6w

Don't forget to credit me if you're going to use my VSQ. Thanks :D

Short talk about the making of my Avanna cover of Les Miserables "I Dreamed a Dream"

After watching the film last December, my friend dared me to recreate a song from Les Miserables using Vocaloid. On YouTube, I found a few covers of this song but all of them lacks the emotion embodied within Fantine's song. And so this project was initiated.

Initially, I had a hard time deciding whether I should use Prima or Avanna. In the end, Avanna took the role because of her soft voice.

The talking part at the beginning was recreated using VocalShifter and a few audio edits I did to improve the sibilants. The rest of the song was hand tuned by me and the beta previews were evaluated by members of VocaloidOtaku forum.